Regarded as one of Fernie’s favourite dining venues, the Bistro Restaurant is known for its creative menu, generous portions and warm mountain hospitality. Experienced and attentive staff ensures that our guest’s dining experience is a pleasurable one.
Signature dishes include:
- Classic French Toast – two pieces with your syrup & whipped cream* along with a fresh fruit cup. (*on request)
- BLT Benny – our traditional Eggs Benny with bacon, lettuce & tomato
- Canadian Breakfast Hash – diced ham, bacon, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, & cheese
- Breakfast Sundae with house made granola, layered with berries, Greek yogurt & fruit coulis
- Chicken & Avocado Salad – with orange slices, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, & lime dressing
- Grilled Reuben Sandwich
- Philly Beef Dip
- Chris P Bacon Chicken Burger – with crisp fried chicken breast with bacon, cheddar & garlic aioli
- Steak Sandwich – 6 oz. house-cut, on garlic toast, bruschetta & goat cheese with balsamic glaze
- Pan Seared Salmon – with a lemon pepper cream sauce
- Feature House-Made Meat Pie
- Blackened Steak Salad
- Chorizo Pollo Penne
To view current menus of the Bistro Restaurant please click on the following PDF files:
- Breakfast Menu Winter 2018-19 (click for PDF menu)
- Lunch Menu Winter 2018-19 (click for PDF menu)
- Dinner Menu Winter 2018-19 (click for PDF menu)
About Our Menu – Striving For Sustainability: In addition to making the majority of our menu items in house, we proudly feature regionally sourced produce from Red Hat Co-Operative Farms in Southern Alberta, high quality beef from Alberta ranchers, and Ocean Wise seafood products.
To stay up-to-date on specials & events, check out our Events Page.
Please call us at 250.423.6871 for dining reservations and more information or visit our Contact Page for a list of appropriate hotel contacts.
For hotels guests wishing to dine in their rooms, the Bistro also offers room service.
What’s in a Name
For those of you who have lived in Fernie for an extended time or for those guests who have visited the hotel over the years, you will recognize the familiar name of the Bistro. Although we have used other names over the years, with Max Restaurant being the most recent, we felt it was time to go back to our roots. With the renovation and refresh of the restaurant space in Summer 2018, we wanted to bring back our original name. The Bistro, a tried and true classic, much like many of the favourite classic dishes we prepare in our kitchen!
Hours of Operation
Breakfast – 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM Daily (Sunday to Saturday)*
Lunch – 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Daily (Sunday to Saturday)
Dinner – 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM Daily (Thursday to Saturday) **
* For early risers, we also offer a convenient Grab n’ Go Breakfast option for hotel guests from 5:00 AM to 8:00 AM daily. During busy winter dates, we also offer a hearty breakfast buffet option from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM.
** The Bistro Restaurant is closed Sunday to Wednesday for dinner and we encourage our guests to enjoy dinner service in our Pub Bar & Grill. Featuring comfortable seating, an outdoor patio and a delicious menu available daily from 12 Noon until 10:00 PM, the Pub Bar & Grill is also family-friendly until 9 pm (Minors, if accompanied by a parent or guardian, are allowed in the Pub Bar & Grill until 9:00 PM).
Please note that when joining us to dine in the Bistro Restaurant, all of our featured specials are produced in limited quantities and subject to availability at time of ordering.