On the evening of October 24, members of the Park Place Lodge along with 150 other businesses and community leaders gathered to celebrate excellence in Fernie as the Fernie Chamber of Commerce announced the winners of the 2017 Community and Business Excellence awards. Hosted at the Rusty Edge located at the Griz Inn, the evening was a wonderful opportunity to celebrate community success.
We are fortunate to live in a community full of engaged community leaders and businesses committed to the betterment of Fernie.
We were also fortunate enough to be recognized at the event with the 2017 Community Leadership Award! We would like to send big thank you to the Fernie Chamber of Commerce, our staff, our customers and the community of Fernie for this wonderful recognition.
The full list of award winners were as follows:
- Citizen of the Year – Jeri Mitchell – Sponsored by the City of Fernie.
- Volunteer of the Year – Deb Harris – Sponsored by the Free Press.
- Spirit of Fernie – Elk River Alliance – Sponsored by ISOSCELES.
- Community Tourism Achievement – Island Lake Lodge – Sponsored by Tourism Fernie.
- Outstanding Customer Service Award – Nevados – Sponsored by Scotia Bank.
- New Business of the Year – Coal Town Goods – Sponsored by FAR Summit Fund.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Ryan Doehle – Sponsored by Community Futures East Kootenay.
- Team of the Year – Tanglefoot Veterinary Clinic – Sponsored by EK Employment.
- Employer of the Year – Super 8 Fernie – Sponsored by College of the Rockies.
- Fernie Business of the Year – Three Sisters Day Spa – Sponsored by CanAus Coal Ltd and Trucut Ltd.
- Chamber Business Excellence Award – Super 8 Fernie – Sponsored by Fernie Chamber of Commerce.
- Peoples’ Choice Award – Kettle Black Bartending – Sponsored by Rockies Law Corp.
- Community Leadership Award – Park Place Lodge – Sponsored by Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge.
- The Chamber Legacy Award – Randy and Patti Cameron
To all of the winners and those who attended, CHEERS, we commend you all!